Acceptance Criteria for Markerstudy Temporary Car Insurance
To keep the number of questions that we ask to a minimum, we make certain assumptions as detailed below and must describe your circumstances correctly. These will form the basis of your insurance contract which may be invalid if you do not meet the eligibility criteria stated.
About the Proposer
- Have resided in the UK, EU, EEA OR Switzerland for the past 12 months OR I am an Ex-Pat OR a visitor from a Commonwealth Country.
- Have held a full UK licence for the past 36 months.
- Are NOT unemployed or connected to any of the following professions; Couriers, Licenced taxi or mini-cab driver, Entertainment Industry, Fast-food Delivery, Parcel Delivery or a Professional Sports-person.
- Have had NO MORE THAN 2 accidents, claims or loses in the last 3 years irrespective of blame.
- Have NO MORE THAN 6 penalty points on your licence in the past 5 years and have no police enquiry pending.
- Have NEVER been disqualified from driving or had my licence revoked.
- Have NEVER been refused insurance, had a policy cancelled or voided.
- Have NO criminal convictions, Police prosecutions or enquiries pending.
About the Vehicle
- Has a valid MOT (if required), is NOT declared as SORN (off road) with DVLA and has NOT been seized by the Police.
- Has NOT been modified, NB: Vehicles modified to cater for a disabled driver or passenger or converted to LPG are acceptable.
- Is ‘right-hand-drive’, has no more than 8 seats and is NOT one of the following types of vehicle: Horsebox, Licenced Taxi or Minicab, Lorry, Minibus, Motor Caravan, Motor Home, Campervan, Recovery Vehicle, Refrigerated or a Tipper.
- Is valued at over £1,500 and less than £45,000 - except in cases where you have held your licence under 3 years, the maximum vehicle value we can cover is reduced to £25,000.
- Usage will be restricted to social domestic & pleasure purposes, which includes commuting & personal business use only.
- Will NOT use the vehicle to carry hazardous goods, scrap waste or be used or driven at a hazardous location, or for any purpose in connection with the motor trade, carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward, racing, pace-making, speed testing, rallies, trials or competitions.
- Is NOT owned, operated by, hired or rented from any Claims Management, Credit Hire or Accident Management firm.
- Is NOT being exported outside of the UK or imported into the UK during this period of insurance cover.